Saturday 9 October 2010

The Beginning...

Ok, right, let's see, where to start...

Basically, I'm a Game Design student in my final year of university, and it's time to get serious. This year, whilst juggling my final year project, coursework from different modules and general life, I also need to start getting my act together, because I'm going to have to start applying to for jobs; after all, I wont get into the games industry otherwise!

So one of my modules is designed to help get me ready for, and into, the 'real world', starting with getting my CV up to scratch, and then my portfolio. As part of this module, I have been asked to write a weekly blog which will detail what I am doing to get in contact with different companies, and how my application to said companies is going. So on a weekly basis, I will update this blog, detailing what attempts I have made to apply to different companies, or what I have done to improve my portfolio, etc. I guess this is my tutors' way of keeping me in check, but at the same time, it will be beneficial to me as a means to reflect on what I've done, or something like that.

Anyway, I still need to write this weeks entry, but I shall do that later (later doesn't necessarily mean today!), but it will detail my volunteering at Eurogamer Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment